Fees and Penalties for Hauled Sewage
Fees are set by Regional Council. Effective Feb. 1, 2021, the fee is increased to $45/1000 gallons or $9.90/m3 (rate is subject to change). Haulers are invoiced based on 80 per cent of the rated tank capacity of the vehicle.
The hauler application fee is $108.
Invoices for disposal of hauled sewage are issued on approximately the 15th day of each month. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. Late charges and penalties may occur if payment is not met.
Lost or Damaged Access Cards
The following fees may be subject to change by Niagara Region at any time:
- Replacement for a damaged card - no charge
- Additional vehicle to the fleet - $16 per new card
- Lost cards - $16 per card
Lost or misplaced access cards must be reported immediately to Niagara Region.
- Non-payment of fees
Haulers may be suspended if adequate payment is not received within 30 working days
- Disposal of a non-approved source
Disposal fees will be doubled for the non-approved source
- Disposal without valid permit
Immediate suspension. The hauler will be responsible for any charges that would be incurred from the disposal.
- Failure to leave a hauled sewage sample for the load
Administrative fee of $25 plus the regular disposal fee for the load. The Environmental Enforcement section will be notified.
- Failure to submit a Hauled Sewage Record
Normal fee for the load of the vehicle plus a $25 administrative fee. The Environmental Enforcement section will be notified.
- Failure to adequately complete Hauled Sewage Record
Incident will be referred to the Environmental Enforcement section for action