Niagara Region Environmental Awards
The Niagara Region Environmental Awards Program recognizes individuals, businesses, community groups, non-profits, youth, schools and Niagara's "greenest" family who have made significant contributions to safeguarding Niagara's natural environment.
These awards recognize contributions to environmental conservation in Niagara in the following areas:
- Conserving the existing environment
- Repairing damage done in the past
- Increasing public understanding and awareness
To be eligible, the nominee must have volunteered their time.
- Lifetime Achievement Award honours an individual who has made a substantial contribution to conservation over many years
- Green Non-profit Award recognizes a government agency, institution or non-profit organization for its contribution to maintaining a healthy environment
- Green Business Award honours a business for its focus on environmental health of Niagara. This category includes farms and agri-businesses
- Green Family Award recognizes a family for outstanding achievement in reducing its environmental footprint
- Volunteer Award recognizes individuals or community groups
- Young People's Award - Elementary Age recognizes children aged six - 13 years
- Young People's Award - Secondary Age recognizes young people aged 14 - 18 years
Learn about past winners.