Please read special application details below.
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Commissioner of Planning and Development, this position is responsible for the execution and direction of all aspects of the development review and approval services.
This position is a key leadership and integrator role in achieving the long term (25 year) vision of the Region's Official Plan related to development and Regional Council's corporate objectives.
1. Provides leadership and direction taking overall responsibility and accountability for leading, developing and implementing the Region's development review and approval program.
2. Develop and manage critical relationships to support core objectives of the corporate, departmental and division strategic business plans.
3. Delivering and promoting superior one-window customer service to the Region, local municipalities, the Province, NPCA and investors through a team of highly engaged, skilled and knowledgeable professional planners, engineering technologists, as well as cross-functional teams across the planning and development services, public works and economic development departments.
4. Manages people resource planning for the division, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
5. Develops, manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the division, ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In a cover letter please indicate key accomplishments that you achieved in your work experience.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.