Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Director, Water & Wastewater Services, the Associate Director is responsible for the execution and direction of all aspects in Water & Wastewater Engineering, including budget preparation, asset management, Capital Works Projects initiation and technical studies.
1. Provides leadership and direction in the execution and direction of all Water and Wastewater Engineering activities, preparing and managing section and capital budgets, managing the Capital Works projects initiation process, and conducting technical studies.
2. Develops, manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the division, ensuring support of Council's objectives, financial transparency and accountability, budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances, and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies.
3. Assesses federal, provincial and local legislative and policy changes, developing long-range servicing strategies to meet the changing environment for water and wastewater services.
4. Manages people resource planning for the division or operating unit, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
5. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, representing the Region on applicable technical and administrative committees.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.