Job Posting #18208
Business Improvement Program Manager
Reporting to the Manager Organizational Performance, the Business Improvement Manager is responsible for promoting and developing business improvement recommendations on behalf of the Organizational Performance team, managing systems level operational/process improvement projects with a focus on best practices, solution generation, strengthening internal controls and processes, eliminating bureaucratic barriers, improving operational efficiencies, increasing user satisfaction and improving cost efficiencies.
1. Works with senior leaders to identify process improvement opportunities and assist with implementation of audit recommendations and business improvement priorities by developing strategies for execution, establishing key stakeholder groups, working groups, key outcomes, report out methodology and success measures.
- Provides oversight for the identification of areas for process improvement and strengthening internal controls, including the planning, coordination and follow-up of projects/events, and reporting and monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Develops process maps, data collection plans and other methods of documenting work streams as required.
- Develops and implements action plans for the deployment of all aspects of the process improvement and internal control programs.
- Leads group sessions, using established methodologies to establish recommendations and solutions.
- Develops and implements strategies for communicating the status and results of the improvement efforts to department leadership, customers and staff.
- Serves as subject matter expert on business process mapping, process analysis and new process development, providing consultation to key stakeholders and host departments.
- Leads change management activities, moving individuals and teams forward in line with project objectives.
- Develops and implements action plans for tracking, analyzing and reporting return on investment of departmental programs that have undergone internal auditing, process auditing and/or process improvement initiatives.
- Works with internal subject matter experts to ensure effective communication, support and integration.
- Advises on methodologies to drive accountability and decision-making to ensure outcomes.
2. Provides project management support, ensuring scope, resourcing requirements and deliverables are defined and developing Project Charters and gaining all appropriate approvals.
- Works with internal stakeholders, vendors and host department to ensure project terms are upheld, and project is moving towards completion on time and on budget with efficiency.
- Ensures proper resourcing and prioritization from other required stakeholders (i.e. cross department, outside agencies, council, external consultants etc.).
- Works with key stakeholders and project sponsors to determine baseline metrics to measure project success.
- Manages each project/event phase and ensures that participants and stakeholders have the appropriate tools/resources, necessary information and guidance to enable them to engage in the process and maximize the potential outcome of each event.
- Develops reports delineating the status and outcomes of each event, including efficiencies gained, increased customer satisfaction and/or reduced cost or savings realized.
- Manages vendor relationships and acts as a liaison/lead with project team, ensuring alignment with organizational priorities to prioritize and categorize outcomes.
3. Manages the deployment of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies at the enterprise level focused on business process mapping, strengthening internal controls, process improvement and organizational strategy alignment.
- Develops, organizes and provides training and education programs based on Lean and continuous improvement principles and tools to all staff, communicating lean principles and tools throughout the organization
- Identifies the need to provide information, counsel and coaching to address barriers and resistance to change.
- Works in cross-functional teams to synthesize findings and develop improvement recommendations.
- Develops and track benchmarks, measurements and quantifiable benefits associated with Lean initiatives.
- Develops and implements effective communication strategies related to all aspects of continuous improvement deployment and sustainability.
4. Establishes best practices and excellence in methodology and reporting to clearly demonstrate value and positive business outcomes.
- Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Audit Committee/Council requirements and Region of Niagara standards.
- Increases corporate knowledge of continuous improvement through the strategic use of corporate vehicles including in person and multimedia.
- 5 years recent, related experience in leading process reviews, needs assessment, coordination, facilitation, implementation and follow-up
- 5 years recent, related experience in areas such as development, value for money audits and/or service reviews with the ability to apply it to a government setting.
- 5 years experience in the use of Lean and/or business process mapping, or similar tools and methodologies
- 7 years recent, related experience in leading process reviews including needs assessment, coordination, facilitation, implementation and follow-up is preferred.
- 7 years recent, related experience in areas such as development, value for money audits and/or service reviews preferably in a Government setting is preferred.
- Lean certification or similar methodology.
- Advanced level skills in data analysis with MS Excel or similar software.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Registration in an accredited association is preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Operations or Business.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs