Job Posting #18206
Employee Services Staffing Representative
Approximate Duration: 12 months
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Services the Employee Services Staffing Representative is responsible for the providing administrative support to the Niagara Region’s Staffing Team for the recruiting and transfer processes of new and existing Regional employees.
Provides administrative support to Staffing Services, coordinating all administrative processes to manage internal staff movement, new hires and rehires.
- Prepares and issues letters to both successful and unsuccessful applicants such as bumps, layoffs, regrets, recalls, and success letters.
- Prepares, prorates, and processes HR/payroll related inputs (accrual banks, pay rates, etc.).
- Solutions the set-up of exception based employees.
- Processes compensation and benefit enrolment/setups/changes.
- Performs pension administration, such as enrolments, setups and changes.
- Sets up and maintains employee dockets.
- Monitors information for compliance to collective agreement, internal policies and other legislation.
Conducts phase 1 Employee Orientation for new hires and re-hires, providing information on benefit coverage, pay and related policies, obtaining required signatures, proving identification badges, etc.
Supports the requisition, posting and application process (i.e. coordinating the receipt of applications, assisting with job openings, interview coordination, create interview packages, etc.).
- Provides recruitment information to internal clients, providing application assistance and troubleshooting issues.
Maintains employee records, ensuring all new hire, employee transfer, compensation, benefit and pension entitlement information is accurate.
- Enters required support documentation/information, such as licenses, memberships, police clearing, certifications etc., into the system.
Engages with the ES team to identify process improvement opportunities and solutions for problems.
- Provides support on ES projects as required.
- Builds strong relationships across the organization to support problem resolution and coordinate project assignments.
- 2 years of experience within a Human Resources department.
- Experience working within a Municipal/Public Sector multi unionized environment and in recruitment.
- Knowledge of all applicable Privacy Legislation and the Employment Standards Act.
- Practical knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS/Payroll and Kronos Time Entry preferred.
- Grade 12.
- Post-secondary Education in Human Resources Management/Business Administration preferred.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply NowEmail to Friend
« Other jobs