How We Go - Complete Streets
Complete Streets is a transportation policy and design approach focusing on designing, building and operating streets with all travel modes in mind to make it safe to travel regardless of age or ability, and whether one is driving, cycling, walking or rolling.
The Transportation Master Plan will adopt a Complete Streets approach by:
- Examining existing policies and perform on-site visits to gain an understanding of Niagara’s street network, as well as its character and functionality
- Identifying issues, challenges and opportunities
- Developing well-defined and descriptive roadway characterizations and guidelines, taking into account the variation in land uses for different street networks
- Developing a toolbox of plans and cross sections for each road type and function on existing and future road networks
- Creating a list of operating policies and practices for future decision making surrounding regional roads